ACTivate Your Life will reconnect you with yourself by showing how the techniques of ACT can be used to set meaningful goals and give your life some direction. It includes:
- A clear introduction to the ACT approach
- Real life scenarios to make the examples come alive
- Workbook activities for clinicians and clients
Learn to enhance your life skills and change your behaviour for the better!
‘The human mind does not come with an owner’s manual, but this book covers much of what you need to know. It shows how just three critical skills can be cultivated and used that will make a profound difference in your life -addressing problems like depression, anxiety, anger and low self-esteem. Simple and clear, it gives you the tools to move forward, now.’
Prof. Steven C. Hayes, co-developer of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and author of Get Out of Your Mind and Into Your Life
JOE OLIVER is a clinical psychologist and Director for Contextual Consulting, offering ACT-focused training, supervision and therapy. He also works within the UK National Health Service.
JON HILL is a corporate trainer and executive coach, helping to develop leaders and employees who are healthy, resilient and psychologically flexible.
ERIC MORRIS is a clinical psychologist, researcher and Director of the La Trobe University Psychology Clinic, Melbourne. He trains and supervises ACT therapists.
1. IntroductionDownload Open, Aware, Active Worksheet
2. Open ChapterDownload EXERCISE – Opening Up to Emotions Download Noticing Emotions Worksheet Download Noticing Thoughts Worksheet
3. Aware ChapterDownload Consulting Your Team of Advisers Worksheet Download Exercise- Awareness of Breath Download Exercise- Awareness of Eating a Sweet Download Exercise- Noticing That You Are Noticing Download Exercise- Three-Step Breathing Space Download Taking the perspective of another Worksheet
4. Active ChapterDownload Areas of Life Worksheet Download Exercise- Looking Back on Five Years of Acting on Your Values Download Exercise- Your 80th Birthday Download Making a Commitment Worksheet Download Standing up for your values Worksheet
5. Depression ChapterDownload Depression Activity Worksheet Download Depression Pattern Worksheet Download Mindfulness Recording Worksheet Download Noticing and Evaluating Worksheet
6. Anxiety ChapterDownload EXERCISE- Noticing Your Own Unwillingness Download EXERCISE- What Parts of Your Life Have Been Made Smaller Because of Anxiety Download Living Life Beyond the Comfort Zone (Exposure Log) Worksheet
7. Anger ChapterDownload Breaking down an anger episode Worksheet Download Exercise- Breathing Into the Anger Download Mindreading Worksheet
8. Self Esteem ChapterDownload Playing it safe Worksheet