One thing that everyone says about the ACT community is that it’s great at sharing. There’s a constant stream of videos, manuals, e-books, and papers that are available to dip into. It’s all about helping us with an important mission – to alleviate human suffering and advance well being. Lofty goal right? Well, it’s something we can only achieve by sharing and co-operating. So, in the spirit of that, here are some super cool FREE resources put together by Jason Luoma.
Jason and his wife, Jenna, both from the amazing Portland Psychotherapy clinic in the US, are over in London this September do deliver a Masterclass workshop on dealing with self criticism and shame – issues at the heart of every stuck issue. Find out more here: ACT for Self Criticism and Shame Workshop
Case Formulation Worksheets
Full Case Conceptualisation Handout
Simple Case Conceptualisation Handout
In-session Compassion Exercises
- To download the MP3 of the Loving Kindness meditation, click here.
- To download the script for this exercise, click here.
- To download the MP3 of the Bringing Kindness and Care to a Troubling Emotion Exercise, click here
- To download the MP3 of the Noticing the Autopilot Response to Suffering Exercise, click here
Measures & Handouts
- Forms of Self-Criticism and Self-Reassurance Scale (FSCSRS)
- Self-Compassion Scale – short form
- ACT Homework Handout Pack
Other Related Videos/ TED Talks
- The Space Between Self-Esteem and Self Compassion (19:00). A talk by Kristin Neff about what self-compassion is and is not.
- The Power of Vulnerability: Ted Talk by Brene Brown (20:19): This is the original TED talk by Brene Brown which became a viral hit. Brene Brown is a researcher studying vulnerability, courage, authenticity, and shame.
- Listening to Shame: Ted Talk by Brene Brown (20:38): Brene Brown’s second TED talk, turning more attention shame
- Anger, compassion, and what it means to be strong (13:00): A talk by psychologist Russell Kolts on how to compassionately face the things that scare us.
- Psychological Flexibility: How love turns pain into purpose (19:39). Steve Hayes’ (co-developer of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) powerful and personal TED talk about how psychological science help us discover that “bringing love to ourselves even when it’s hard will help you bring love into the world” .