We see supervision as absolutely integral to your ACT practice to help you be the best ACT practitioner you can be. Good supervision can help you sharpen your formulations and understandings of the issues your clients face, to assist you in the precision and impact of your interventions. It can help with questions like:
- How do I make sense of the issues my client is facing?
- What are the best skills and strategies my client needs? And what are the best ways to convey these?
- How can I design a targeted metaphor?
- How do I make sense of my own reactions in sessions?
- How can I be more experiential and less didactic in my practice?
As rewarding as ACT practice is, it can be challenging at times. We step into uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity. At points, we don’t have the answers to immediately help our clients and we are required to witness extraordinary amounts of pain and heartache. Sometimes, we need room to process our own emotions that emerge as a result of challenges we face our own lives. Good supervision is also a space to reflect on these experiences and make sense of them.
Our supervision environments are supportive and tailored to your specific learning needs. Whether you are in the early stages of developing your ACT skills or you are highly experienced ACT Jedi, our supervisors will help you progress as an ACT practitioner. Our supervisors aim to:
- Help you develop new skills
- Provide a reflective space to think about your work
- Clarify and sharpen your formulations and interventions
- Practice and integrate new techniques and strategies
- Learn about the latest research and what this means for your clinical work
- Develop a learning pathway to help you continue to progress
Our supervisors are highly experienced ACT practitioners, trainers and supervisors who are also experts in ACT and Contextual Behavioural Science.
One of the things we are especially passionate about at Contextual Consulting is training and we see it as vital to your professional development. As such, we are now offering you one free workshop of your choice for every six months you receive supervision from one of our supervisors.
Your supervisor will help you decide which workshop will be fit your development needs, and then also review the training session with you after you’ve completed it. In this way, we will help you to get the most out of each workshop.
Our Supervision Team
Click here to meet our supervision team and read their profiles.
All our supervision is offered online, via platforms such as Zoom.
How much does it cost?
Our supervision sessions are charged at £110 per 50 minute session for individuals and £120 for pairs. Please contact us for rates for group supervision.