Rising levels of stress in the workplace? Poorer employee wellbeing? Today’s workplace presents with increasing challenges:
- The need for faster innovations and developments
- Communication across remote, global teams
- Pressure to deliver more with fewer people
Acceptance Commitment Training (ACT) is an innovative, easy to implement and sustainable approach for increasing employee resilience and your organisation’s capability.
Through learning ACT and mindfulness techniques employees will be able to:
- Deal skillfully with negative thinking and unwanted emotions
- Stay centered in pressure situations
- Enhance focus and commitment to achieving valued goals
- Learn tools and strategies to build and maintain a resilient, healthy workplace
Numerous workplace studies demonstrate that ACT benefits employees and organisations through:
- Increased wellbeing & resilience
- Improved performance
- Reduced work stress/ burnout
- Increased innovation in problem solving
- Increased positive leadership behaviour
- Reduced absenteeism
“The intervention best corroborated by research is ACT, which involves developing mindfulness. ACT has been successful in improving mental health and behavioural effectiveness (for example absence rates and performance targets)”
The Financial Times
What we offer:
This is a training package that is delivered In a full day to two half day workshops. It is designed for groups of 10-20 participants and it suitable for team members or to leaders.
The delivery team:
Dr. Joe Oliver is a Consultant Clinical Psychologist and founder of Contextual Consulting, the leading provider of ACT training in the UK. Joe is an internationally renowned ACT trainer, and has led a number of research trials demonstrating its efficacy. He has over 13 years of clinical experience in the NHS and is currently a course director at University College London. Joe is the co-author of the self-help guide, ‘ACTivate Your Life’.
Dr. Marc Balint is a Clinical Psychologist and mindfulness trainer with over 10 years of clinical experience in the NHS. Marc builds on his previous decade long career as a successful bond trader in the City of London, where he used ACT techniques to manage a highly stressful work environment. He now delivers ACT-focused training and works individually with clients.
If you would like to find out more please contact us at:
Contextual Consulting Ltd
phone: 020 3143 4701